Are you also wondering how to see friends on Venmo? If yes, it is very simple. You must know how to navigate the app and you can easily access your friend’s list.
Venmo is a peer-to-peer payment app available on both Android and iPhone. It offers a convenient way of sending and receiving money using your phone. Though it works just like other payment apps, it is a bit more fun as it allows users to make friends and stay connected with them in different ways.
Today, in this guide, we will tell you:
So, let’s get started.
What is Venmo?
In the era of digital payments, Venmo is another Peer- to-Peer payment app enabling seamless payments. It competes against platforms like CashApp have over 50 million users.
A difference between Venmo and some other platforms is that it only allows payments through its app. But, as an added convenience, Venmo allows you to log in and make transactions using its official website.
The group feature in Venmo enables quick and easy transactions between your friends or family members. You can also use it to divide payments, such as you can split a restaurant bill equally among friends and each one will pay in the group account.
Since Venmo has contracts with a number of merchants, you can pay for various types of subscriptions or make online payments through it as well. For example, Venmo just introduced a feature where customers can purchase with Venmo on Amazon. Some famous websites such as Poshmark, Uber Eats, Grubhub, and Hulu also offer Venmo as one of their payment methods.
How to View Your Friends on Venmo?
Sending money on any digital payment app comes with various risks. That said, you must ensure you opt for the right platform and the right person for the transactions. Sometimes, you mistakenly add the wrong person or fail to find your friend to send money on Venmo.
To help you how to look up your friends on the Venmo app on both Android and iPhone and also on PC, we have compiled a guide.
While the Venmo website doesn’t allow sending or sending payments, you can use it to browse for other purposes such as searching for your friends, etc. Here is the step-by-step process:
- Open your default search engine and go to the Venmo log-in page.
- Add your credentials including your username, email, or phone, and then your account password.
- Press “Sign-in,” and you are logged in.
- You will now see a friends tab on the top left corner of the main menu. Click on it, and it will display all of your friends.
- There is also a search bar where you can look for specific individuals by entering their username, email, or phone number. Put in all the required information and the person will appear immediately.
Via an iPhone
Accessing a friends list is a simple process on iPhone. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Venmo app and click on your profile icon at the top.
- From your personal profile, choose the “Friends” tab, and you will get a list of all your friends.
- You can also o this by clicking on the “People and Businesses” tab on the top of your home screen.
- A search bar will appear and you can search for a specific friend by using their username, email, or phone number.
Just like an iPhone, you can access your friend list on the Venmo Android app by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the Venmo app.
- Tapp on the three horizontal lines at the top of the home page to open the main menu.
- A new menu will appear. Here, tap on the “Search People” tab to access your friends list on Venmo.
- Just like PC and iPhone, there is a search bar at the top of this menu where you can look for your friends through their username, email, or phone number.
Prefer video? Watch the tutorial video here:
How Do I Delete a Friend on Venmo?
Venmo allows you to send and receive money from any other person who may or may not be on your friend list. But having friends allows you to make groups with them and makes the whole payment process a lot easier.
There would come times when you may want to remove a person as a friend. So, here is a step-by-step guide on how to remove a friend on Venmo:
- Open the Venmo app on your iPhone, Android, or PC browser and navigate to the friend list.
- From your friend list, manually scroll to the profile you want to remove as a friend.
- You can also do this by going to the search bar and entering their username, email, or phone number to access their profile.
- Once the person’s profile opens, you will find an option to “Remove as a Friend”.
- Click on it and confirm to delete that person from your friend’s list.
Prefer video? Watch the tutorial video here:
How can I send my friend money, but they aren’t on Venmo?
Although the platform provides no direct ways to do so, there are some alternate ways to send money to a person on Venmo. For example, you can use bank transfer to directly send money to their bank account. Another way is to use the email or phone number of a person to send them a link they can use to claim money but this method comes with charges.
How quickly will my friend receive money from Venmo?
When you send money to a person on Venmo, they instantly receive money in their Venmo wallet. But if the recipient wants to send that money to their bank account, it may take some time i.e. 2 to 3 working days. However, you can pay an extra fee to send money instantly.
How do I add a friend on Venmo?
To add a friend, go to the Venmo app and navigate to the search people tab. Enter the username, email, or phone number to search for an individual. Once that individual appears, click on the “Add Friend” option to add them to your friend list.
Is Venmo available in all countries?
No, Venmo is only available in the US. If you make an attempt to register from some other country, it will give an error message.
Can I search for people using their email address on Venmo?
Yes, you can search for people using their email address, username, or phone number on Venmo. You can access the search bar from your friend list and then put in the required information to access a specific profile.
The ease of payments is already there with the Venmo app, but being able to view, add, or remove friends brings social and financial collaborations together. You can easily split bills, pay loans, and send or request money from your friends through Venmo.
The procedure of adding or removing a friend is also pretty much straightforward, no matter which device you are using. So, head over to Venmo now and enjoy seamless financial connectivity with your friends.