If you have been an active member of the personal finance world and have your hand on the nerve of the emerging trends you must have already listened about the Marcus Referral Bonus Program.
However, if you don’t have much idea about this referral program no worries. it’s a promotional program where current Marcus customers refer fresh customers to this platform. And when the newbie customer opens an account, both the old and the fresh customers get a special monetary bonus.
In this write-up, we’ll further explore each and everything you require to know about this special Marcus referral bonus, from its work processes to its advantage, and most importantly how you can earn the best of it.
What Exactly is the Marcus Referral Bonus (Detailed Overview)?
Let’s get a little deeper into the whereabouts of the Marcus referral bonus. As we have stated earlier, the referral bonus is a promotional program that aids both the newbie customer and the existing lot.
But how does this bonus work, and how can an outsider avail it?
The Marcus referral bonus program is especially connected to the Marcus Online Savings Account. This high-return savings account is among the most adored financial products designed by Marcus, and its unit agenda is to offer a referral bonus to the Marcus audience.
Here’s a detailed insight into how exactly this program works:
Suppose you’re an existing Marcus customer, you can opt for this referral bonus by referring a colleague, a friend, a family member, or anyone else to create a Marcus High Yield Online Savings Account.
Once your referral opens an account and deposits $100 or more within 60 days, both you and your referral receive a $50 bonus.
It’s that simple! But the benefits continue beyond there.
The Marcus Online Savings Account itself is a fantastic product. It offers a competitive interest rate, which means your savings will grow faster than they would in a traditional savings account.
So, not only does the Marcus referral bonus put some extra bucks in your pocket, but it also opens you to a high-returns savings account that allows you to touch your personal finance goals faster. What a dream. Isn’t it?
How much is the Marcus Goldman Sachs Bonus Rate?
Marcus Goldman Sachs offers a bonus rate of 0.34% gross fixed for the first year/12 months on their Online Savings Account. This implies that you will be rewarded with an interest rate of 3.50% AER/3.44% gross (variable) for the first 12 months after you have created your Marcus saving account. After the initial period, the interest rate will be reverted to the underlying rate of 3.14% AER/3.09% gross (variable).
|Time Period||Interest Rate|
|First 12 months||3.50% AER/3.44% gross (variable)|
|After 12 months||3.14% AER/3.09% gross (variable)|
Marcus Goldman Sachs for its esteemed customers also extends a 12 months Fixed Rate Saver with a fixed interest rate of 4.00% AER/gross. This is fixed. This implies that you will get a fixed interest rate of 4.00% for the entire 12-month term of your account. The interest rate is subject to change after that period depending upon the company policies then. The good news for you is that both of these accounts are now available to UK residents and that too without no fees at all.
|Account Type||Interest Rate||Duration|
|Online Savings Account||3.50% AER/3.44% gross (variable)||First 12 months|
|3.14% AER/3.09% gross (variable)||After 12 months|
|Fixed Rate Saver||4.00% AER/gross||12 months|
Marcus Referral Bonus for 2023
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is currently offering a special referral bonus of 1.00% APY for 3 months to both new and old customers. This implies that whenever you refer a friend to the Marcus program and they move to open an account, you will both get an extra 1.00% APY on your savings accounts for 3 months.
To make yourself eligible for the Marcus bonus, the customer you’re referred must:
1. Open a new Marcus Online Savings Account Deposit at least $1
2. Maintain the said balance for at least 3 months.
3. The referrer must Have an existing and active Marcus Online Savings Account
Refer the new customer utilizing their unique referral link from their account. After your recommended person meets eligibility conditions successfully, the bonus will get credited to both accounts instantly.
Let it be known that one can only earn a maximum of five Marcus Referral Bonuses each calendar year.
Terms and Conditions of Marcus Referral Bonus
Want to know more in detail? Here are the terms and conditions of the Marcus Referral Bonus:
- The bonus is NOT available to employees of Goldman Sachs or Marcus.
- The bonus is not available to customers who have closed their Marcus Online Savings Account in the past 12 months.
- The bonus is not available to customers who have been referred by another customer in the past 12 months.
- The bonus is not available to customers who have opened a Marcus Online Savings Account through a third-party website or platform.
- The bonus is subject to change at any time.
To find out more about the Terms and conditions of Marcus Referral Link Bonus, make sure to check out their official website.
Having gone through the above terms and conditions still yet If you have any questions/queries/doubts about the Marcus Referral Bonus, feel free to consult Marcus customer service.
Here are some additional details about the Marcus Referral Bonus:
- The bonus is available to new and existing Marcus customers.
- The bonus is not available for referrals made through third-party websites or platforms.
- The bonus is not available for referrals made to employees of Goldman Sachs or Marcus.
- The bonus is subject to change at any time.
The Max quantity of Marcus Referral Bonus
Marcus Referral Bonus has a maximum value. Now you need to hear this. The Marcus Referral Bonus has a maximum restriction of Five incentives each calendar year. This means you may recommend up to five people to Marcus and receive a bonus for each referral.
Moreover, To stay eligible for a Marcus Referral Bonus, you must satisfy the following criteria: You MUST be a current Marcus customer.
- You MUST have an existing Marcus Online Savings Account.
- The referred customer MUST click on your referral link and open a new Marcus Online.
- The referred customer MUST deposit at least $1 into their new account.
- The referred customer MUST maintain a balance of at least $1 in their new account for at least 3 months.
How to Get a Marcus Referral Bonus?
Have made up your mind already and want to get straight into the bonus business? You are not alone. Here are a few easy-to-follow and remember steps on how to get your Marcus Referral Bonus:
The process to generate a Marcus Referral Link
By now you must already have a Marcus Online Savings Account to obtain a Marcus Referral Link. Once you have the required account, you may easily generate a referral link by following the following steps:
1. Log in to your Marcus account. Click on the “Referral Center” link in the menu.
2. Your unique referral link will be displayed. You can now copy and paste your referral link or save the link by sharing it via email, social media, or text message.
3. You will both receive a 1.00% APY incentive for three months if anyone clicks on your referral link and creates a fresh Marcus Online Savings Account.
4. After your referred person meets the eligibility criterion, the bonus will be instantly credited to both your and their accounts.
Marcus Bonus Offers and Promotions
Marcus by Goldman Sachs offers a handsome variety of bonus offers and promotions to attract new customers and reward existing customers.
Some of the most popular offers include:
Marcus $100 Offer
New customers who open a new Marcus Online Savings Account and deposit at least $10,000 will receive a $100 bonus.
Marcus $500 Bonus:
Marcus $500 Bonus Yes you read it right. That’s not a typo. That is actually a whopping $500 Bonus waiting for you around the corner. Go grab it. But where do you start?
We are here to tell you everything you need to hear today:
The Marcus $500 Bonus is a limited-time promotion that is available to existing customers who refer a friend to Marcus and their friend opens a new Marcus Online Savings Account and deposits at least $10,000.
To be eligible for the offer, you must:
- Be an existing Marcus customer.
- Have an active Marcus Online Savings Account.
- Refer a friend to Marcus.
- Your friend must open a new Marcus Online Savings Account.
- Your friend must deposit at least $10,000 into their new account within 10 calendar days of opening their account.
- Your friend must maintain a balance of at least $10,000 in their new account for at least 90 days.
- Once your friend meets the eligibility requirements, you will receive a whooping amount of $500 bonus within 10 business days.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will I have to wait for my Marcus Bonus?
Well the Marcus Bonus doesn’t make its customers wait alot so will then be added into your account within 12 working days after your fellow achieves the eligibility requirements.
Do Marcus Referral Bonuses Stack?
Absolutely, Marcus Referral Bonuses can be stacked. This implies that you can easily avail multiple referral bonuses if you can successfully refer more than a few fellows to Marcus account. However, it comes with a maximum limit of a 5 referral bonuses per calendar year.
Will I be taxed on my Marcus Bonus?
Yes, you will surely be taxed on your Marcus Bonus. The bonus will consider your income and then will be taxed at your standard income tax rate. You will get a 1099-INT form from Marcus at the end of the calendar year that will show the amount of interest you earned on your bonus. You will then need to report this income on your tax return.
The Marcus Referral Bonus is an amazing way to save some quick bucks and earn some extra cash. By referring your fellow or a friend to Marcus account, you and your friend both earn a bonus of up to $500. If you are seeking for a quick way to save some good money or earn some really good cash, we encourage you to leverage the amazing then Marcus Referral Bonus by Goldman Sachs.